Sunday, June 20, 2010

I Don't Care What People Say, I Am Still His Friend





Think has has the potential to be a child model.. now he is quite good in posing for the camera no matter where we are... I took these at his last lessons and he actually specially posed for me...

Anyway, Ace's swimming class underwent a huge change.. alotof the girls stopped their classes and Ace's favourite friend was not there anymore... now, the class has a new indian student and the rest from the old class are just Ace, XH and L.

Now L is the little boy in Ace's class who is always up to some mischief and Ace is always angry tat L disturbs him and will do things like mimicking how the teacher scolds L or going to L's mother to complain...

From our observations, our guess is tat L is a special needs kid.. he is probably either a ADHD child or a lightly autistic... that is why he seem to not be able to sit still and will not be able to control his emotions or his behaviour....

Max gave Ace some prep talk and i also seperately gave Ace a prep talk... we tried to talk to him using diff analogies and finally found one tat worked...

Cos the other day when we were home from swimming class, I asked Ace if he enjoyed his class and if L disturbed him again..

"Ya, he disturbed me.. But I am still his friend... I don't care what other people do or what other people say, I still choose to be his friend because I want to help him..."

Ah..so my last prep talk that took place about a month ago worked! :)

Finally, I explained to Ace that L is a special child. He has a condition and that makes him unable to control his behavoiur.. that is why he seems to always be disturbing them. He cannot control or stop himself at all... I explained to Ace that the only way we can help someone like L is really just to send them love and be their friend when they are doing their 'naughty things'.

I also explained to him that everything is a choice. It does not matter if other children want to be friends with L.. but Ace has the power of CHOICE to choose whether he wants to help L and be his friend...

I am so glad Ace rememebered what I shared with him...

Previous Post: Why You Never Give Birth To Another Baby

1 comment:

suspended particle said...

first time reading your blog! this post is touching, so nice to hear you are raising Ace as a compassionate person. think that's a trait that is not emphasized enough. I'll be back!