Saturday, May 01, 2010

Well Behaved Ace

















The other day, I was told that my mum would be busy for the whole saturday and my dad says he is going out.. so out of desperation, I decided that I will bring Ace along for my 5 hour convention seminar.

That is not an easy decision to make given that Ace can hardly sit still... so I had to plan intricately for this one....

First, I prepared some things that will engage him like like colour pencils, pens, notebooks so that he can do drawing... and next, I prepared a few snacks and some water... and the last bit of preperation was to preframe him that he had to behave or i would not bring him there again.. and I made him promise to sleep during the convention...

So on the day, he said he wanted to wear a shirt and a tie.. and he asked me if I could also buy him a jacket because he wanted to dress just like daddy... so I dressed him up and asked him if he wanted to do his hair.. he said he did and so I did the chicken hairdo for him that he liked...

When we reached there.. for the first hour.. he was happy to draw.. eat some of the snacks... but leh, after a while, he forgot all he promised me and so I had ot bring him out of the room and repeat our agreements.. "If not we will go home now..." And so he agreed...

I gave him an assignment and got him to draw a card for the speaker... his favourite Uncle Arthur... and so he drew a card... and then he spent another hour eating some more snacks and taking pictures of himself and the convention...

And then I reminded him that he promsied to sleep during the convention and so he slept through the next 2 hours...

Finally in the last hour, he woke and listened to Uncle Arthur's talk and it was funny because he enjoyed the talk so much, he was laughing together with the crowd and because his laugh was a cute baby, toddler sort of laugh than an adult laugh, his voice stood out and so many people turned around and looked at him and smiled at him.. amused that he actually understood the talk and the jokes....

And because despite a little bit of impatience, I felt he was really well behaved (5 hours leh!) and so reward him by bringing him to eat mac donald dinner:)

Afterward, he insisted on going gai gai with Zhenyin and so we walked around a bit before we headed home.. when I reached home, I was totally bushed... PHEW, what a day...

Previous Post: Sticky Ace

No comments: