Monday, April 19, 2010

Special Project






We embarked on our first of our series of special projects over the weekend... and it was bread making! :) As you can tell from the photos, it was quite not too bad lah..



About 3 years ago, I saw this japanese toy at GIANT supermarket called KONEPAN... it was a bread making set that allowed you to make small bread of interesting shapes and sizes.. but it was very very expensive.. something like $49.90... and while I liked it very much, I cannot bear to pay so much for it...



And so I tot I would wait for it and buy it during sale. But even during christmas sale, it is something like $29.90... and so I waited and waited and finally after 3 years, I saw it at carrefour selling for $15! GRAB AH! Hahahaaha...



And thank goodness I bought it so we have something to do over the weekends.

Anyway, the bread turned out ok. They looked ok but the first batch were a tad hard.. (cos I added boiling water to the dry yeast so it did not 'grow' properly). The second batch was better but they taste nicer if I freeze and steam them soft..

Anyway, Waigong and Waipo said it tasted not bad. We brought some to Yeye and Nai Nai but due to misunderstanding, they thought the bread was for Ace and thus did not eat. I told them we will bake again together for them...

We are going to bake again soon cos popo said that she doesnt want cake for her birthday as she has been eating cake at her workplace EVERYDAY. So we are going to bake a 'heartshape bread' for her... watch this space for our SUCCESSFUL product:) hehe

Previous Post: Grand Day Out!

No comments: