Saturday, February 06, 2010

I Want To Do 10 Page!


Ace is really cute...

Since he has been promoted to K1, we decided that it is time he started to spend half an hour of his time doing some 'homework' everyday.

The other day, I asked him if he wanted to do some work and he exclaimed, "Yes!"

After thinking for a short while, he exclaimed, "I want to do 10 work, mummy! I want to finish faster and get my present.." Cos I told ace that if he finished the whole book, i would buy him a toy that he likes...

And that day, he really finished 10 pages of work in 30 min and so I hugged him, high fived with hinm and told him he is great.

And then the next day, I asked him if he wanted to do 3 pages of work later when we were back from dinner. "Yes, mummy, I want to do 10!"

Then something interesting happened. After about 20 seconds, Ace turned around and asked me.. "Mummy, are you very happy? You very happy because I want to do so many pages right?"

Hahaha. tat's a really strange question.. "Yes, Ace, mummy is very happy..."

And then he turned around and told his dad, "Daddy, I want to do 11 work.. nope, I want to do 12!'

So I told him, "Ace, talk is cheap... if you say you want to do that many, you have to do it.. so dun say what you are not prepared to do..."

"Mummy, what is cheap?" Ace asked me..

I really didn't know how to answer so I told him that if he promised to do, he has to do it..

Anyway, when we reached home, he started complaining that he is tired lah... he doesnt know how to do this and that lah... and this time round, it took him 2 hours to complete 7 pages of work...

So why the difference? The difference is because the other time, he could choose whatever page he liked.. but this time round, he had to do the pages that I ticked.. becuase I wanted him to also do the 'boring' pages..

I am very happy to say that it seems that he is very good in phonics, letter recognition, mathematics.. some of the homework, he could complete without my help and without me having to read the instructions to him even..

PS: SO far, he has been able to concentrate for abt an hour everyday that he is at home in the evening to complete 10 pages worth of 'work'. I notice tat as long as he is assigned a variety of topics like letter, numbers, phonics.. he will happily stay focused. But if he is asked to do all 10 pages worth of the same topic, he will get bored easily.... Think he will get his transformer toy really quickly..

Previous Post: Ace's Yogi Master Friend

No comments: