Monday, February 01, 2010

Ace Made His Own Transformer!

Sometime back, I met up with a long time friend of mine. He was my business mentor in my previous business and it has been a while since we last met up cos we were bz with our different businesses...

I asked him what he was doing and he told me he is doing something related to finger printing.. I dunno wat is the exact term you use for it but it is related to how just by the different designs on your finger print, you will be able to tell what area this person is strong in, what are their characteristic and how to best develop their potential.

In short, it tells a parent how with your limited resources, what sort of classes you can send your child to to have maximum benefits:P And in future, wat sort of career for the child to go into to expound his potential.

We thought it was interesting and decided to all do a test each and we found tat it is very consistent with what we understood about ourselves and understand about Ace.

Because there is some sort of confirmation, I find it is easier not to have to go through trial and error and just aim straight for the solution when we communicate with him..

For example, we found out that:


  • Ace is good in management and has clear thinking and is not bounded by traditions...

  • He also likes to ask WHY and is very subjective (strong minded)

  • He tends to put a point across through logical reasoning

  • Shows strong desire to show off his abilities or strengths...

  • Likes to pursue a number of goals but is often double minded and hesitant (Ace takes a very long time to decide something)

  • Likes to have freedom to do things his own way..

  • He has to understand the reason behind why to do this thing before he will do it and will bot be forced...

  • He will excel if we set goals with him and keeps him focused on his goals (we discovered by chance goal setting works very well with him)

  • He likes to observe and learns easily though pictures and doesnt forget wat he has seen easily (learning better through reading books)

  • He would excel 'inspirational learning' and to help him learn, it is better to use encouragement and guidiance than to criticize and judge him

  • He likes puzzles, mazes, building blocks and is interested in beauty (as he appreciates pretty ladies)

  • He is a pretty visual person.. tat is why when he plays, it is useless to call him as he is not sensitive to sounds, you have to go to him so tat he can see you and talk to him as he looks at your face.. then all tat you say will register

The test result suggested tat we let him do art, building block training, track and field, dance, yoga, phtography, etc etc etc.. which are things tat he seem to do very well (some, even better than most kids his age)


And the test also revealed that he is good at interpersonal skills... Not just that, Ace is a very mouldable child.. in tat irregardless of what area I want him to develop, I just have to spend time in that area and he would be able to grow in that area..


In the test, we also found out that my mum did a good job of moulding me and that my parents took effort to develop me more.. while Max was just naturally talented in a variety of things...


So, it was no surprise to me that Ace excelled in playing with things like LEGO.. even his teachers noticed that he can build very nice things and his friends often ask him to help build guns and spaceships and he prided himself in being able to help his friends in this area.

As it turned out, most of the toys tat I like to buy for him are good for his developement... And he very often builds alot of things without our help or guidiance.. and I am very often impressed...but not surprised..

But the other day, he really outdid himself and surprised me by using the engineering set to build a transformer robot by himself.. and he even showed me how the robot can transform! I am really amazed! Even his Dad who is engineering trained never thought of doing it that way:)





Anyway, if you are interested in finding out more about the finger printing thingy, email me at verityy@yahoo.com. I think it is a life saver lah.. saved me a lot of pain to understand how to comnunicate with Ace and how to get him to do things I want him to do.. I find that when you understand your child, it helps you to bond faster too...I think it is quite good to do a test for yourself too.. it is a relatively inexpensive and fast way to understand yourself.. and it is painless too.. :)

Previous Post: Kevon Visits Again

No comments: