Monday, January 18, 2010

Mummy, This One No Need Money!




The other day, our Lions Club PDG, Isabel and her hubby very kindly invited us to her house for a xmas gathering...

Just to save time, we also decided to hold our monthly meeting and our induction during this gathering... It was a particularly happy day cos ganma and gandie were both inducted as our new club members too...

So, Ace was pretty much by himself throughout.. and thanks to the fact that some of our members brought their wives and children along, Ace had some good company and had some people taking care of him while me and Max were busy.

When I came out from my meeting, I realized that Ace was happily eating away. My friend's wife told me, "Ace is eating plaster now.. he saw my son eating and asked me what it was.. and then he went to order by himself..." Ace apparently remembered that he is vegeterian and asked whether there is meat.. when told that there is egg inside, he told my fren that Mummy says he can eat egg. And so he went ahead and ordered it.

You see, Isabel had very kindly invited a famous roti prata stall to set up a booth at her house where they served some curry and free flow of pratas and drinks...

When I told him that he is very clever to order this by himself, he very excitedly told me, "Mummy, this one no need money one leh!" Hahaha.. my son is a cheapo like me and likes free things...

Then when I went for my second meeting, I saw him walking in and out and when the jie jies tell him not to go out, he just dun listen and run out anyway... Suddenly, I see a cup of rootbeer in his hands and when we tried to ask him not to drink it, he just wriggle away and did whatever he liked.

So when I finally finished my meeting, I went to the prata stall and told the guy that if he sees my son.. who is the little boy in white and orange stripes trying to order rootbeer or any cold drinks, then just don't give it to him and tell him his mummy say cannot..

Hai.. when I see really well behaved children who sit down and dun run around and who shake hands and say goodbyes and thank yous.. I wish Ace is like them too.. I wonder if it is really because of Ace's age or that I am a lousy mummy and never teach him his manners properly...



Previous Post: Swimming Ace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know what, buy GPS jammer to block all secret transmitters in your home or office.