Thursday, January 14, 2010

I Sibeh Regret...



Note to myself: ALWAYS read the instructions and the DESCRIPTION of the toy before I pass it to Ace.

The other day, Max said he wanted to go and visit his godson Ryan... you see, on the day me and max went 'steady' together, one of his very good friends, Lance and Christine, gave birth to a set of twins.

One is called Ryan, the other is called Ross. When we visited the babies with another friend, Wee Tiong, they just each chose one son to be their godson... and Lance and his family have been away for work at Sweden for the past few years.. (and they also have another girl who is one year older than Ace) so we thought it would be nice to visit them and catch up...

Because we havent seen them for so long, Max thought it would be a good idea to buy them some toys.... and so we went to the Metro Sale and see if we could find any good deals there.

But because we brought Ace along, I knew it would be hard to buy alot of toys without buying anything for Ace.. so we told him that if he was a good boy and ate his dinner by himself and he behaved himself, Daddy will buy him a nice toy too.

After picking out the toys for Ryan, Ross and Heidi, Ace started to look around for a toy to buy. I just randomly picked out a gun that looked big and was cheap and asked him to show Daddy.. cos the gun can shoot out bullets (which Max likes to play with Ace)

And then Ace decided that this was what he wanted to buy. No matter what we showed him, he insisted that this was what he wanted.

When I reached home, I really sibeh regret lor!

What I did not realize was that other than shooting out bullets, the gun, if you put batteries in had LIGHT and VERY NOISY SOUND EFFECTS!

And then he started shooting at anything and anyone when we put in the batteries. It was so noisy we banned him from playing in the living room and told him that if he wanted to play this at night, he could only play it in his room.

Finally, it got a little too late to play with something noisy and we asked him to stop. And after we repeated ourselves for the umptheenth time, then did Ace stop playing with the gun... Phew..

The next morning, when I woke up and walked out of my room, I was greeted with a smiling Ace, gun in hand and he started shooting.. "Mummy, now morning, now can play in living room right?" And before I could answer, he started happily shooting away...

Sigh....



Sibeh regret passing the gun to him..



Thank god though, he kind of played with it less frequently after a few days...

Previous Post: Nainai's BD

No comments: