Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Will You Throw Us Away?


The other day while we were out, Ace accidentally tripped and the strap of his slipper broke.

"I don't want this shoe anymore, I want to throw away and buy new shoes.. This shoe old already.. that is why it spoil.. I want to throw it away.." he told me when we finally made it back into the car."

"Ace, when mummy and daddy grow old, we will also start to spoil...will you want to throw us away as well?" I asked him.

"No no, I want daddy and mummy to be with me. i won't throw you away.." he said holding and squeezing my hand with force.

"That's what he says now.. I then dun expect him to take care of me..." Max says.

Even though I have long decided that I will not depend on my children, I told him, "Ok, remember what you say now when you grow up, ok?"

And Ace surprised me by telling me, "When I become old, my children will also keep me..."

"Yes," I told him.." You know why? Your children will do what you do.. they will continue to love you and take care of you because you still love and take care of me and daddy..."

Previous Post: Painter Ace

No comments: