Thursday, November 26, 2009

Mummy, I Can't Go To School

Ace is up to one of his cheeky antics recently...

On sunday, Max informed me that he would be on duty again the coming monday. When Ace heard that, the first question he asked me was, "Who is going to send me to school tommorrow?"

And when I told him that Daddy would do that, he was immediately at ease and then on monday, me and max went to fetch him home before Max left to do his duty.

"Why is papa not going home?" And then he threw and tantrum and he got upset that his dad was not coming home. "I want to sleep with Papa..." So I told him that he can sleep with me instead...

And then when we were sleeping at night, Ace told me that he would like Papa to go to work and he wants me to stay at home to cook for him and keep it till he comes back from school and then the three of us have dinner together... I guess all children like to eat and bond with the family....

Anyway, the next day when he woke up, he started sniffing and said, "Mummy, I can't go to school because i have flu and a cough..."

"But your teachers did not say anything leh..."I told him... since I noticed that his cough is rather infrequent and happens like once every 3-4 hours.

"But my friends say I cannot go to school... *Sniff* *Sniff* *Sniff*" he told me. And so I explained that people with flu like symptoms should stay at home in case they have H1N1 but he doesnt have that so he can still go to school.. "But I have.." he insisted... and continued sniffing very loudly once about every 2 seconds..

I bought a chocolate cake for him to eat as breakfast and so I told him, "If you are sick and cannot go to school, it means that you can't eat the chocolate cake and I will eat it instead..."

And the thing is.. he was EVEN willing to LET ME eat his CHOCOLATE CAKE so that he doesn't need to go to school...

When i told him that his Daddy would be coming home to send him to school BY CAR, suddenly he is ok and can eat the chocolate cake.. suddenly the sniffing is totally gone.. suddenly, he is all smiles..

Haiyo.. never seen such a creature of comfort man!

Previous Post: Will You Throw Us Away?

No comments: