Sunday, November 29, 2009

Care Bear Broke Your Umbrella



Since the rainy season has started, it has started to rain fairly frequently..

The other day, while fetching Ace home from school, there was a slight drizzle when we came down from the car, it was still drizzling but we had shelter...

But when we got to the point where there was no more shelter, I realized that the drizzle had stopped but Ace still wanted to use the umbrella and so I took out my Hello Kitty umbrella for him to use.. which turned out to be a great idea...

Halfway, my son started telling me that he wanted to go to toilet and that it was very urgent. I asked him if he can wait till we reach our home cos we were not tat far away and he said he was very urgent.. so out of desperation, I used the umbrella to cover him while he peed and gave nutrients to the tree... sigh....

The worse thing was that Ace actually enjoyed peeing out in the open cos after that he told me, "I am very happy... I like to shee shee on the tree...." Max says I should not give in to such requests anymore lest it becomes a habit for him...

Anyway, when we reached home, Ace took my umbrella and brought it into his room to play. I jsut let him be lah..since I thought there was not much harm in playing with the umbrella.

Alas, I was wrong, 5 min later, Ace ran out of the room calling me, "Mama, mama!" with a shocked look on his face. "Someone broke your umbrella!" And he passed me the only umbrella in my house and showed me the broken metal support...

"Who?" I asked him...

"It's the carebear... he bang on the bed and spoil the umbrella..." he said with a totally straight face and with utmost sincerity...

Now, if not for the fact that he was actually pinning the blame on an inanimate object, I would probably have believed him.

"But the carebear is not alive, Ace, how can he spoilt the umbrella...tell the truth, Ace.."

And then he stuttered a little bit and tried to explain to me unsurely how carebear had broken my umbrella.

I reminded him that he should tell the truth and finally, with his eyes averted, he admitted that he had spoilt my umbrella. I told him that if he had been truthful and said he was sorry about spoiling my umbrella, I would have forgiven him but because he told a lie, he would have to go and do a time out...'

And so, he quickly told me he was sorry and tried to wiggle out of a time out by changing topic..

Previous Post: Only Boy Can Do

No comments: