Friday, October 02, 2009

TogeGer

Ace has a few words that he cannot seem to pronounce properly.. and whenever the word has more than 3 syllabus, it will be quite a mouthful for him.

One of the words that Ace cannot pronounce properly is the word 'Together".

He always says, "TogeGer" and so he will say things like, "Let's go to xx togeger...", "Let's do xx togeger..."

So I wonder if it is because he is not ready to pronounce the 'th' sound or because he is so used to pronouncing wrongly.

So the other day when we were talking, I corrected him and taught him how to pronounce the word syllabal by syllabal.

But as soon as he got it, it became a game to say TOGEGER.. and then we both would give a shocked and surprised look (because it is pronounced wrongly again) and then we would both roll around in laughter. He had so much fun that the next time he wanted to say the word together, he remembers to slow down to pronounce it properly...

Sometimes, I would tease him and say "Let's go bath togeGer..." and then he would correct me and make me pronounce correctly with him.. hahhahahaha...It's a very boh liao but fun game that me and him play often...

But well, other than the fact that it is bad english, I thought it is kind of cute and think of it as our family's secret joke/code :)

Previous Post: Growth

No comments: