Thursday, October 22, 2009

I Make More Pizza For You

The other day, we brought Ace to C-Nai Hong Kong Cafe and ordered a drink with the waiter in front of him.

When he reached home, he got inspired and took a big plastic bag, wrapped it over his pants and told me, "Mummy, I want to be a restaurant man!"

So I corrected him and told him that a person who takes order and serves the order in the restaurant is called a waiter and so he delcared that he is a waiter.

He ran into his room, took out his pizza set and arranged them properly and started to pretend to take orders.

And then after a while, he kept standing there with nothing to do and so I asked him why he is standing there. "I waiting for people to eat my pizza.." So I volunteered to be his first customer and ordered one pizza and one soya drink.

He took my order, took a whole pan of 8 slices of 'pizza' and stared at it for a while and then told me, "You need to eat more than you will grow big, I think if you only eat one pizza, you will not grow big so I make many pizzas for you ok?" And then he put them on a mat and said, "I put it in the oven..."


I was thinking, " Mummy already VERY big.. i think TOO BIG.. hahaha.. but still i appreciated his thoughts still.


But you see, the reason why he said that is because very often, in order to encourage him to finish his meal, we would tell him to eat more so that he will grow taller and stronger.. then he can become a policeman.. or can do whatever thing that he fancies doing at that moment.


But when he told me that, I suddenly also have a fear that he might over eat and become overweight like me... when I told Max my concerns, he said I shouldnt be too worried since he is young and can afford to eat... but I am more concerned about whether he will accumulate good or lousy eating habits...


But well, I guess he is a growing child and it will be alright to eat if he maintains an active lifestyle :)


Previous Post: Don't Be So Kan Cheong Lah

No comments: