Tuesday, October 06, 2009

How Can I Make Mama Happy?

The other day, when I reached home, Ace was watching OKTO channel... because I wanted to watch channel 8, I told him that if we scissors, paper, stone and whoever wins 3 rounds first will get to watch the channel he wants.

"If you lose, you cannot cry and have to watch my channel ok?" I told him. "Ok, if i lose, i will cry..."

And then we played and I won. And so Ace started crying and saying that he liked to wath the OKTO channel....

So I told Ace, "Ace, you have been Mama's son for 4 years already. You should understand me very well. Usually if you cry and throw tantrum, for sure mummy will not give in one.. but if you talk to me nicely, then maybe I will consider...."

"Okie mama, I never cry already. I want to talk to you nicely... can I watch Okto?"

"But I won the game, Ace, if you want to play the game, you stick to the rules..."

And then he started crying again.

So I reminded him that I will not give in if he cry. "When I say no, a better way to resolve it is to ask yourself, 'How can I get mama to say YES? Do I kiss kiss her? Do I hug hug her?"

And then he became quiet, gave it a thought and asked if he can kiss me and hug me. In the end I relented lah. Cos I didn't really want to watch channel 8, I really just wanted him to learn the lesson of 愿赌服输...

But this little boy is a fast learner. The next morning, he had some other request and I rejected him.. and then he went to the side and mumbled to himself, "How can I make mama say Yes? Do I hug hug her or kiss kiss her?" And then he asked me, "Can I kiss kiss you, mama?"

Needless to say, he finally understood my soft spot and got his way again :)

Previous Post: Dance School

No comments: