Thursday, October 01, 2009

Growth

I have been bz recently and haven't had alot of time with Ace. And all of a sudden when I do get to spend time with him, he amazes me with his logic and understanding of things...

For example, doing homework with him is now alot easier. Firstly because he actually recognizes the numbers 1-10 and 11-20 he somewhat recognizes as well... and then he also knows many alphabets. He knows that JOO is part of my name is is pronounced JOO, he can write one word in his chinese name. He can recognize words like 'the', 'is'... etc..

In the past, when I do homework sheets with him, I really have to guide him along by explaining to him every single detail and demonstrate to him a few times before he understands what the worksheet is asking for. Now, all I need to do is to read the instructions to him and he will be able to complete the homework by himself!

And his sense of imagination is now alot more intricate. When he draws things, for example, say, a drawing of a house, other than a house, there are now windows, doors, trees, people staying in the house...

The other day when we went to eat, he noticed that the signboard, unlike when we usually went there, had no lizards and so he asked me why today there are no lizards. "Where did the lizards go?"

I told him the lizards went home and so he asked me where is the lizard's home. When I did not answer him (cos I was thinking of wat to tell him), he told me, "I know why the lizards are not there already..." And then proceeded to tell me what his theory was. He says the uncle used a ladder, climbed up the ladder to reach the signboard and killed all the lizards using a knife... wow, tat's a very detailed description! :)

And then his brain turns very fast. The other day he said he wanted to go Stephanie Jie Jie there to eat (There is vegeterian place called North, South, East, West.. the boss, Stephanie, always gives Ace jelly and chocolates when he finishes his meals quickly by himself), we told him it was close that day and immediately, he said, "What about we eat sushi?" "Again?!" I exclaimed.


"Not again what. We very long never go and eat already..." he said.

Yet another day, after dinner, he requested that he wants to go Gai Gai after dinner and doesnt want to go home. "Where do you want to go?"

"I want to go Tampines Mall.." he said. "To do wat?" I asked him.

"I want to go to the game shop.. the Time Zone. The sky still not dark dark... they not closed yet. And I want to go to the toy shop there...."


Wah, his request not very precise and got very strong logic behind it liaoz.

And the other day, I was supposed to meet LM for dinner and so I told him that because Daddy had to work, he will have to go to Popo's house. He was really upset and insisted that he wanted to go home. So we told him that there is no one at home to feed him or play with him, that is why he has to go to Popo's house.

"Mummy, can I go with you? Can you bring me or not? I want to go together with you..."


"Cannot, mummy want to talk biz with aunty LM.." I told him. "But I will be very quiet, I will not anyhow run, I will not be rude.. I will sit there quietly and be a good boy, can you bring me along or not?"


Hahaha.. he sure knows what I am thinking but too bad lah, me really cannot handle him alone...


Anyway, Ace just never ceases to amaze me and Max...


Previous Post: I Am Free!

2 comments:

ming said...

haha..then nxt time i bring iz..u bring Ace..I ask Ace to take care of iz then 2 of us can 38 ...HAHA

<*ANGEL*> said...

you wish lor! :P I think will be a few years before this dream of ours will come true.. hahaha