Thursday, October 29, 2009

GL Wei

I have a belief...whenever I step into a parking lot, I will always find a GL space...

I learnt this from my Jez Mama... and she was the one who taught me about GL wei... so what exactly is GL? It comes from the hokkien phrase.. "kiok dio gu lan..." (Picking up a cow's penis)... it means you are really lucky and find something really rare...

The other day, we were in the car with Ace and we were parking the car.. after a few rounds, we found one next to the exit and Max exclaimed, "GL wei ah!"

And like Ace usually does, he asked me what is the meaning of GL and so I told him it means "Good Luck..."


And then about a month later, we were going to Tampines Mall with Ace and when we parked, Ace commented, "Yeah, GL wei!' and we all laughed.


But the funniest thing is that another day when we were at my mum's place, Ace was playing with his kiddie car and riding the car around the living room. I was resting there in the middle of the room and Ace said, "Mama, excuse me..." and I shifted to let him pass.. and then he kept coming by and asking me to 'excuse me' to shift myself..

Not wanting to move, I asked him, "Ace, why don't you go somewhere else and don't pass by me..."

"Cannot, I need to go to Tampines Mall and I must go there to find my GL wei and park my car..."


I cannot help but laugh out loud... Hahahahahahaha...


Previous Post: Convertibles are so cool!

No comments: