Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Caring Ace

My grandmother has been hospitalized recently. It started with a swelling ankle and to cut the long story short, the GP suggested that she go do an xray in the hospital and the hospital doctor suggested that she stay a few days for observation...

Because my hours are more flexi (I dun hold a 9-5 job) and because I have a car and an ahmad (Max) and it happened so that Max was on half day since he was on duty the night before, we were the ones who fetched my grandma around and eventually the ones who accompanied her to hospital.

As usual, I made some small talk with my grandma in the car and the topic eventually became about Ace and my grandma was telling me that Ace is such a good boy. When he saw her limping in pain in the morning when he was staying over at my mum's place, he quickly walked to her, passed her the walking stick and held her hand to support her....


Wow, my son is such a caring and loving little boy! I am so proud of him! :)


"And no one asked him to do it.. he just did it by himself.." said my grandma...


And later in the day, when we picked him up from school, we told him we would bring him to hospital to visit zeng popo... and he was very happy and told me, "Later when I see the doctor and the nurse, I will tell them 'Good morning, doctor... good morning, nurse...' "


And then after thinking for a little while, he asked me, "Mummy, did zhen popo wear her shoes to hospital?"


"Yes, Ace.."


"Did she bring her stick?" I think he was referring to her walking stick..


"Nope, she doesnt need the walking stick in hospital because they have a wheel chair so she won't have to walk and hurt her leg.." I told him.


Satisifed that his zeng popo had all the things she needed in hospital, we happily went to the hospital.. alas, due to H1n1, children below 12 years old were not allowed into the wards..... Ace was quite disappointed that he was not allowed to visit.


When he asked me why, I told him that the doctors say that children below 12 years old were not allowed to go visiting. "Does it mean when I grow up I can visit zeng popo?"


"Well, when you grow up, zeng popo will be out of hospital and will be at home already!:)"

PS: When we went over to my mum's place for lunch on Sunday, my grandma was already discharged, he came into the house, ran to the toilet to pee and ran out to ask me, "Mummy, where is zhen popo?" I pointed her out to him and he went to look at her leg and ask her, "Is your leg better?"

I tot Max asked him to do that.. turned out that Max never said a thing.. he just remembered and showed concern by himself! I am so proud of him.. I am sure my grandma feels like he is very worth all the pampering she has shown him.. hahahahaha


Previous Post: IQ Puzzles

No comments: