Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sweet Tooth

Ace has a very sweet tooth.. sigh... All he wants are sweet stuff..

Recently, his Ganma Karen has quit her job and has been staying at home pursuing her love for cooking and baking. Because of this, we have had the honour of tasting her home made cookies, muffins, etc...

And everytime after she finishes baking something nice, she will pack up some and send them all the way from Serangoon/Seng Kang here to Bedok to us.

Alas, Ganma is very health conscious, she uses organic unbleached flour and uses molasses instead of sugar.. so the food that she makes is very much to my liking as I love foods with natural flavours...

The other day she made some muffins for us and passed to us when we met up to visit our Lions Club Rainbow Kid, Haikal. At night when I reached home, I couldnt helped it and took one out to eat.. wah, it was dam nice lor.. there is like so much aroma floating out of the muffin when you chew it and then the whole of the inside of your mouth is filled with the sweet scent of molasses bursting in colourful flavours just like a fireworks party.. NICE!

But did it pass the ACE TEST?

Well, the next morning, I heated one up for Ace as his breakfast. He took a bite and told me, "Mummy, I don't want already..." When I asked him why, he said, "Because it is not sweet..."

Hai.. dunno what is wrong with my son. Refined sugar taste very nice meh? Anyway, I told him that since everytime Ganma made healthy cakes and muffins for him, he also say tat he dun like (previously he complained the cookies were too hard and din want to eat after he ate one), I will tell Ganma not to make anymore for him. Since he dun appreciate, then don't waste Ganma's efforts.

"I don't like because Ganma forgot to put chocolate chips inside..." he quickly explained.. as if implying it was not Ganma's muffins that he din like but the fact that there were no chocolate chips...

"Ok lah, Iwill buy chocolate chips and put chocolate inside for my godson.." Said Ganma Karen when I told her about what happened.

You dam lucky to have this ganma ah, Ace!

Previous Post: Arthur's House

No comments: