Friday, September 04, 2009

My Birthday

It seems natural to talk about my birthday celebration on the day I am celebrating my LUNAR birthday:)

Well, I did not have any special birthday celebrations this year but all in all, I guess I had a good celebration. It started off heartwarmingly when Ace woke up and ran to me and said, "Happy birthday, Mama!" to me like 100000 times... (now many days after my birthday, he still says happy birthday to me as and when he feels like it. I really very happy lor!)

And then he asked me if I could hide in the toilet because he wanted to make a surprise birthday card for me and did not want me to see it. I told him I would hide in the study room and after he finished, we went out for breakfast and brought him swimming.

Next would be to have a good rest before we sent Ace to my mum's place and headed for our own celebration. But that posed a challenge because I did not want to lie to him but at the same time did not want to hurt him by telling him I wanted to spend time with his dad but not with him around....

So after he had loads of fun swimming already, I decided to go straight into the topic and explained to him that we would be bringing him to my mum's place because me and max are going out.

So Ace asked me why. I told him because me and Max wanted to spend time together, we want to have 二人世界together. So Ace asked me why cannot have 三人世界... So I told him I would pick him up for san ren shi jie after I spent some time alone with Max.

Initially, he was quite upset and kept telling me he din want me to have er ren shi jie but wanted all of us to have fun together. I think he was hurt that he was not included.. so I tried to explain to him like this...

"Ace, sometimes you want to spend time with mama only right? And sometimes you only want to spend time alone with Daddy, right? That is er ren shi jie... But when you are playing and having fun with mummy alone, does it mean you don't like daddy or don't love him? No right? YOu still love him in your heart but you just would like to spend time with daddy at that time. When you are having fun alone with daddy, does it mean you dun like mummy? No right, you still love mummy but you just like to spend time alone with daddy at that moment. So, please understand that mummy just wants to spend time alone with daddy for a while on my birthday... and that does not mean mummy or daddy do not love you... ok?"

And strangely, it seems like he really got it and he said ok and just went to my mum's place without complain ;) Apparently after tat, he still kept telling my mum that he waiting for us to come and fetch him and have san ren shi jie... hahaha...

Now when he wants to spend time alone with me, he asks me, "Mummy, can I 二人世界with you?"

Anyway, here are some of the pics i took on 29th Aug...












Birthday gifts received this year:
- red packets from Daddy, Mummy, Papa, Mama
- key pouch from Clari and Stanley
- pot of roses and a hand made card from Ace
- wallet from Max
- Ice cream maker, chocolate chips, vanilla essense and a customized personally compiled dessert and ice cream receipe book from Karen my bestest fren
- loads of greetings from friends on facebook and via sms
- teeth cleaning session and new hair do from ME
- keeping my fingers crossed tat in a month's time, I will find out I got one more birthday present from god--- a new baby! hahaha.....

It's not alot but I guess I am at peace and happy :)

PS: On a side note, the other day, Ace asked me why I have only one birthday. He said he got 10 birthdays and had so many birthdays.. how come I only had one. He celebrated his birthday like 7 times in total (once with gong gong popo, once with nai nai ye ye, once with ganma megan, once with ganma evon, once with us, once in school, once with ganma karen) and so he wonder I only celebrated mine once.. hahahah... so cute.

Previous Post: What Is Chicken Drumstick?

No comments: