Saturday, August 22, 2009

We Are Chanting!





During one of the discussions I had with Max about our future, we talked about how we wanted Ace to learn how to focus on his goals and how we wanted him to learn how to manifest his goals. And the only way we could help him learn that was of course that we demostrate to him.


So the conclusion was that Max, after so many years has decided to chant DAIMOKU daily with me! :) We agreed that we, as a family would chant daimoku together for 3-5 minutes everday.

And interestingly, once we started chanting, there were many good things coming into our life. I think my mum would be really glad to know that my husband is finally chanting everyday instead of once a year during Chinese New Year. Even Clari was impressed when I told her the news ;)

We told Ace that he has to think about what he wanted to go before he started to chant and during his chanting, he has to keep focusing on what he wants. Currently, he is chanting for a NIU ZAI Toy... (cowboy set... anyone knows where I can find tat?)

But alas, for a 4 year old, it is not that easy to sit there for 5 minutes and so he tends to do funny things like change the tempo of his chanting as and when he likes.. standing up to kiss his dad, kiss me.... but I can understand lah.. when I was younger and chanting together with my sister, we always found alot of funny things to do to entertain ourselves and then we will chide each other and say, "You will create bad kanna (karma) if you do tat..."

So it made me kind of miss my sister too...

Anyway, my son has been to so many meetings he is quite an expert when it comes to chanting. He knows when to sound the bell, when to open the bustudan door and how many times to sound the bell, at which point he has to enunciate his daimoku slowly... total expert!

I think if he can sustain this for a month, I will buy his NIU ZAI toys for him.

Previous Post: Ace the Patriot

No comments: