Monday, August 03, 2009

Superband





The Peng Family and the Chua family has formed a new superband... meet the budding members of the Peng Chua Superband- Ace Chua and Gong Gong Peng... Hahaha.

The other day, Ace suddenly remembered that there was a organ in Popo's house and so he requested to play with it.. after playing with it for a while, he remembered there was a mic and went to ask Zhen Popo where is the "wire" to put to the organ... (So clever, he knows who is the one who can give the answer fastest)

And then he plugged the mic in and started singing really loudly. I must say I was impressed that he can sing so many songs now that he is going to school... But nevertheless, it was hell of a noisy game to play and so I told him that if he wanted to play in the living room, he had to lower the volume. If he wanted it to be loud, he had to go to the room.

Initially, he was really co-operative and told me that he wanted it to be loud and so he carried the whole thing into the room and started singing in the room.

But I guess he felt lonely so after a while, he even took out two more instruments, gave it to Gong Gong, force pulled Gong Gong into the room and they started performing together.

But leh, come evening, he decided that he wanted to sing loudly and that singing alone is no fun so he brought everything to the living room and started singing. So I told him nicely that he was too loud and if he wanted to sing loudly, go back to the bedroom.

Not only did he NOT stop singing, he continued to increase the volume and sang loudly at the top of his voice...

So I told him nicely again that if he want to sing loudly, "Go to the bedroom.."

But he just ignored me...

So I very hot liao.. and then I told him that if he doesn't listen, I am going to throw away his microphone and then he started crying and saying that he understands.. he will listen... and then he follow my instructions...

So he got another very LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG prep talk from me on how I always talk nicely to him but he doesnt listen and he only listens when I become angry and shout loudly at him... and then I explained that when I become angry, I am unhappy, he is unhappy.. if he had listened to me and just did what I said initially, he would be happy and I would be happy.. and even if he did not want to do it, at least explain properly to me instead of ignoring me... and so he promised that he will listen to me immediately rather than wait for me and daddy to shout at him..

Sigh... have been having this sort of prep talk with him quite a few times but he still doesn't listen.. so I wonder what part of me this is reflecting.. I guess it must be my authority conflict....

Anyway, out of desperation the other day when he once more moved ONLY when I shouted loudly at him, I gave him this analogy that my coach shared with me. I told Ace that dogs are trained by being beaten or whipped. So if they don't do what the trainers ask them to do, they will be whipped. I asked him if he wanted to be a dog or he wanted to be a person.. if he is a human being, then it means he has ablity to listen and understand and respond with action and with words.. so that means if I tell him something, he should respond immediately and not wait for me to take out my 'whip' and he agreed.

Alas, he still ignores me.... which proves what my coach says to be true.. while we may blame our parents for passing down bad mindsets or bad habits etc.. but if we were really honest with ourselves, we would admit that we can't blame them anyway cos we dun listen to our parents for most part of our lives anyway, we just listened to ourselves :)

Hai, looks like I have to relearn how to surrender....
PS: Two days ago, Ace said to me, "Mama, I want to learn to play music instruments." When I asked him what musica instruments he wanted to learn, he said he wanted to learn "many many..." so I told him he has to start with one instrument first and asked him which will he choose... "I will learn drums... you will play piano.... Popo will play mircrophone.. she will sing.." Sounds like he really keen to start a band... But having my mum as a lead singer??? Hmmm... bet he hasn't heard her sing before.. hahahahahaha


Previous Post: I Jia Jia One Lah

No comments: