Friday, August 14, 2009

I Want PoPo To See Me Nice Nice




Ace is a vain pot.

There is absolutely NO DOUBT about that.

Whenever he goes out, he has to make sure he changes into something else that he deems "going out" sort of clothes in order for him to be willing to go out. If you stop him, he will get upset.

The other day, we were getting ready to go to my mum's place for our usual Sunday lunch gathering and so I told him, "Ace, quick, go and get changed out of your pyjamas cos we are going out."

"orh!" he replied and quickly ran into his room. Some 5 minutes later, he walked out wearing his brand new Thomas the Train shirt and pants suit that Ah Yee bought him on December 07 as a christmas present. Because it was too big then, I kept it in the drawer.

"Mummy, see, I grow so tall now and I am so big now I can wear this already!" he exclaimed happily.

"Aiyoh, Ace, go Popo house only, dun need to wear until so nice lah..." I told him.

"Cannot, I cannot let popo see me wear not nice.. I want popo to see me nice nice mah..."

Fast foward to national day... the night before national day, I told him that we were all wear red and white to Popo's house for national celebration cum sunday lunch... the next morning, he woke up and asked me to help him find a red shirt.. I passed him a red shirt with a star that we bought for him from vietnam and he pointed to my red shirt with white cross on it and asked me why is Daddy and me wearing the cross shirt... "Why I dun have the cross shirt?"

I explained to him that me and Max bought this red shirt during our honeymoon, which meant he was not even born yet.. I am not even sure if he was even in my tummy by then already.. that is why he does not have that shirt.

"But now I am born already mah, why you never buy for me now?" he pursed his lips and looked unhappy. So I explained that is why we bought him the star shirt to make up for it.

And then he went back into his room, digged out all the red shirts that he had and tried them all before deciding on one that he feels looks the best.

And then he came out and complained to me that he has no white pants.. I told him he can change into white pants at Popo's house cos he has one pair there. And so he happily wore his beige pants.

Upon reaching Popo's house, he did not say one word and ran into the room...

My mum thought he wanted to sleep and asked him to eat his dinner first....

But alas, Mr Vainpot was just going to the room to immediately change into his white shorts! Hahahahahahaaha...

I also dun understand why a relaxed dresser like me has such a vain pot son. Hahaha...

The other day we were going out for a short spin and some cake and cos I was lazy, I just wore my normal shorts with a t shirt and then my son came wagging his finger and said, "Aiyoh, this mama ah.. why wear so ugly... never wear nice nice..."

And then he told me, "Mama, when you go out, you cannot wear this ku zi.. it is very ugly.. wait people will say you shame shame..."

Argh................

Previous Post: Zong Yi Go Live!

No comments: