Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I Can Write!

Well, Ace's latest "DREAMBOARD" project is a writing project.

We got him to attempt to finish one of the many 'workbooks' that we had for him and told him that if he finished all the homework, then he would be able to get his Policeman Set complete with handcuffes and batons and all that.

The project started about a month and a half ago and about a week into the project, i passed by a toy shop, saw the toy and bought it and has since kept it in the storeroom for 100 years!

Ace would often write, run around... write another two lines, complain that his wrist is tired... but i don't blame him too as I find writing without thinking is a really boring thing.

So when I saw a cheapo pizza set toy that he liked, I told him that if he finished half the book, I would get him the toy and he would still get the policeman set when he finished the whole book. But because it has been so long but he has not been able to complete it, he also a little sian and is no longer so motivated about it anymore.

But all the hard work is worth it cos now that he can write better, he actually without my knowledge managed to learn how to write his name and SURNAME! I only found out when we sent him to IKEA smallland and he came out with a drawing that he did there!

We were so impressed we brought him to eat cake again! Hahaha

Previous Post: I Can Read!

No comments: