Monday, July 27, 2009

Where is Ace?

Daddy went overseas for a few days without me and Ace.

Well, nope, it is not becos of work.. actually it is just because Daddy's favourite FB team, Liverpool, will be playing a game in Bangkok and he and a bunch of his Liverpool SIAO ON buddies (Yes, kingsley, I think you all very siao on and I am only talking about you cos Zhongming really only accompanied you there... HAHA) decided to go together.

So on the first day, he sent Ace to school, drove the car back to my parent's place and left for the air port on his own. I went about with my daily life, went to meet up with my bestie and then had dinner with her and her hubby and finally reached home at around 9.20pm or so.

When I reached home, the first thing my mum asked me when she saw me is, "Where is Ace?"

But that was the first question I was going to ask her too!

And then she told me that she has been home since 8pm and there was no sign of Ace or my dad.
I looked carefully around the house. The car keys are still at home and Ace's school bag was sitting on the sofa and the clothes from inside were taken out and strewn carelessly about.. so from all these, I guessed they actually came home... the sink only shown signs of a half washed rice cooker.. which seemed to indicate that they actually ate dinner and cleaned up then left the house.. OR that they did not eat dinner at home at all... they couldn't have gone that far without the car..

"Maybe they went to the playground nearby..." I suggested to my mum. "No leh, I walked past the playground just now and there was no one there and even if they are just out for a walk, they should have been home by now..."

And then my mum started to ask me for a favour to help her colleague translate something. I was tired and worried about Ace and I told her I really dun have the mood because I was so worried for my son. "Siao liao lah.. first day Max is gone, this happens.."

As the time went by, I started to get more and more worried. Seeing how worried I am and being really worried herself, my mum decided that she will go downstairs and look around the playgrounds again while I stay at home and waited for a call...

I kept walking to the living room window and looking out of it, hoping to catch sight of the fat old man and the little cheeky lad... alas, all I see are groups of families and no sign of them at all.. I went and looked out of the kitchen window and contemplated just calling out "ACE CHUA!" hoping that Ace would respond if he heard me.. but decided against it because what if he was not around?

I kept going to the door to listen out for sounds of footsteps but alas there are none to be heard. Everytime i hear a sound tat sounds remotely like a happy child, I put my ears next the the window or the door but it is never Ace.

I contemplated calling Daddy but I guess it is not a good idea to worry him yet. I contemplated calling my mother in law to ask her if she knew where Ace was but was afraid it would also make her worried. I contemplated calling Bingxuan to ask him if he borrowed the car.. but realized even if he did borrow the car, it wouldn't give me a clue to where Ace was at all.

The more I waited, the more worried I was. I started to worry if my dad brought ace out by himself.. what if my dad fainted and Ace is left alone? Will he cry out for help? Is he clever enough to manage on his own? What if he was by the roadside when it happened. The more I thought about all these, the more I got upset and even started to cry...

I prayed silently in my heart that they would be ok and called out for Ace.. hoping that our mother and son connection would allow him to respond in one way or another to let me know that he is ok and safe.

Finally, my mum came home and told me, "Don't worry, Ace is at your mother in law's place..."
Phew....

Turned out that my mum got a sudden inspiration and thought my dad might have brought Ace to the coffeeshop opp our house.. so she walked there and saw my dad at the petrol kiosk beside it.

So finally when my dad reached home, we got the full story.

He had something on and wanted to go out. He tried calling me but instead of calling me on my new HP number, he called the old number and so he couldn't get me. So he tried his luck and sent Ace to my mother in law's house and lucky for him, Bingxuan was at home.

So I called my in law's place and then I got to talk to Ace. But I guess Ace missed me as well or maybe he sensed that I missed him so for once, strangely, Ace wanted to come to popo's house to sleep instead of sleeping at my in law's place.

Anyway, I was really so glad to see Ace when he came home finally:)

At night before we slept, I asked him who did Papa ask him to take care of... he said, "you lor..." So I asked him what did he do to take care of me.. he said, "I hug hug you and kiss you lor..." He really does know how to take care of me indeed....

PS: Yeye says tat Ace wanted to go home cos he remembered his promise to take care of me.. tat is a sweet thought, isn't it?:P

Previous Post: How To Become A Policeman

No comments: