Monday, July 13, 2009

Cry Also No Use

While I may complain that Ace always does not listen to me and does things his own way anyway, but the fact is, I think he does listen to me.

Since he started going to school, he seems to start to cultivate this habit of crying to get things his way. So whenever he cries to get things going his way, I would tell him that it is no use to cry because I don't buy that.

Then I will repeatedly tell him that I am ok if he cries when he is sad and I will send love to him. But I am not ok with him crying to manipulate people to do things his way.

So as you know, our neighbour has a 10 month old baby girl who really loves Ace. The moment she sees him, she is all smiles, the moment Ace runs away and doesn't talk to her, she starts to cry.


The other day, we reached home and Baby heard us and quickly crawled to the door to smile at Ace. So Ace talked to her for a while and went back into the house.

After a while, I heard the baby cry and asked Ace to quickly go console the baby and so, my very 'caring' son went to the doorway and shouted... "Baby! Don't cry! It's no use to cry.... Don't cry... Crying is no use...."

Pengz :S

PS: The end result is that when baby heard his voice, she quickly came to the doorway and started smiling again. I think Ace has a gift of happiness and he just makes the pple around him happy.


No comments: