Friday, June 26, 2009

Excuse Me!

I think Ace is rude because he has no idea of what it means to be polite... He probably still does not understand what it means to be polite or rude...

I discovered that because recently he has learnt how to say "Excuse me..."

So because it is a polite word, I always praise him and tell him he is a polite boy by reminding him that it is polite to use "excuse me". The end result is that he is really motivated to become 'polite' and so whenever he talks to me, he says, "Excuse me Mama, can I do this?"

"Excuse me mama," and then he continues to tell me what he wants to say... So his whole conversation is peppered with excuse mes.

The only problem is, sometimes, when he is frustrated or angry, even though he still says excuse me, he shouts and says it like he is scolding people...

There was once he got upset and did that and so me and Max asked him to remember to be polite and dun talk so rudely.

"But I said excuse me what..." he insisted.

And so I explained to him how when people speak, not only what you say is important but the tone of the voice is also important. I also explained to him that when you talk very loudly to a person.. it usually comes across as being rude.... I dunno how much of it he understood though...

But he at leasts continues to say "excuse me" in a much softer and gentler tone after that.

Previous Post: Happy Birthday, Ace!

No comments: