Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Ace Chua, Polite Little Boy

It was the time of the year to meet Ace's teachers again. Well, when you go to a meeting like tat, it is also like going to a meeting where pple tell you wat your strengths and your flaws are.. mostly because our children are a reflection of our subconscious minds.. and watever our children do, they mostly learn from US...

Usually, it is a 15 min affair lah.. so at the start, the teachers had nothing but praise for Ace:
  • He is very good at his school work
  • He can pay attention and focus on his work and complete his work by himself before handing it in
  • He can cut and colour very well, just that he doesnt use much strenght to do colouring
  • He can do everything by himself. He feeds himself, dresses himself. (BUT HOW COME HE DOESN'T DO THAT AT HOME???!!)
  • After he finishes helping himself, he also helps his other classmates
  • Can speak in both english and chinese very well and can express himself very well.

Okie.. seems like we are off to a good start.. But still there must be things they should talk about where he could improve right?

So leh, next they talked about two things that Ace can improve in:

  1. Should learn to share more. Ace likes to snatch other people's toys to play with and does not like to share the toys that he is playing. I think while he can recite what Max always reminds him, "When you share, you get more..." he still would think of himself first and not want to share.

    On this account, I guess I know where that came from. I don't like to share.. especially when it comes to my food.. hahaha... but I guess it is also because deep in me, I believe more in scarcity.. like if I share, I will have no more left... so I don't like to share... Hiaks..
  2. Ace should learn to respect his peers and his elders. Ace always seems to talk very rudely to his friends. And I know what the teacher is talking about.. he would say things like, "You dunno meh?" and then the killer is that he would 'gin' you.. you know.. give tat look where the head is tilted up and the eyes are a little closed, the mouth a little crooked... that look tat says, "you bloody idiot, f off..."

    I mean I understand how and why he might speak rudely and say those words cos sometimes I guess he might have been imitating me and max (Max admits it probably came from him), but I dun understand where tat very attitude look came from.

Anyway, We have since decided to furthur input POLITENESS into his world. So when he speaks rudely, I ask him if he can smile and move and say this instead.. and so I rephrase it and ask him to repeat after me...

After a while, I think he understands that I don't like that particular intonation and look and so far, I think he has cut down quite alot.

Well, like all bad things and good things about Ace.. they mostly come and go.. I guess it is just part of his growing up phase.. meanwhile, me and max are just reminded to really be VERY CAREFUL abt what we say and do in front of him...

Previous Post: I Can Hold Chopsticks!

No comments: