Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Ace's Children

Children of this age are suppose to be filled with imagination. A box could become an aeroplane, a boat, a house.. etc..

And most importantly, they would also start to have imaginary friends.

Ace has a whole bunch of them and they so very inconvenienced me.

If you have been to my house, you would know that in the living room, we have no sofas. Just a tatami. But Ace has declared the whole tatami his rocket and even put boxes of toys around it to act as doors. (You are not allowed to move or 'open' the doors because if not, "The big bad wolf will come in and scare my children").

So according to Ace and his imagination, he and his children are all in the rocket. I don't know where they are going or what they are doing and if I asked for their names, he names the children he knows in school. Apparently, they are now HIS children and he is somewhat like a leader or a teacher to them...

If I ignore his game and sat on the tatami.. he would whine, "Mummy, you are sitting on my children! If you sit there, my children will have no space..."

And so I had to make way for his imagination for the 3 days he was playing that game. I am glad the game ended in the end and I got to enjoy sitting on my tatami after that:)


Previous Post: Who Made Yeye Tired?

No comments: