Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Master of Persuasion



A master of persuasion is a a good promoter. When you understand the art of persuasion and promotion, you can promote anything.

Generally speaking, good parents are good promoters ;) Instead of telling their kids what to do, they learn how to promote the things they want them to do and let them decide to do it. And generally, MOTHERS, are the best promoters on earth! Hahahaha....

I have seen how this special skill set has allowed many people to earn tens and thousands of dollars as their monthly income and so I know how important it is to Ace. Since he has been in my tummy, I have already been repeating to him that he is a Master of Persuasion... cos I want him to be born with this skill..

And very often in the area of fetal and child education, what you keep repeating and what you keep doing is what you get.

Whenever we want Ace to do things, instead of taking the easy way out of telling him what to do, we always try to use persuasion and promotion instead. So now that Ace is adult, tables are turned and Ace is starting to use all these things to ensure that people do things the way he want them...

The other day, he took out his toys and asked me to play with him and I just helped him put the toys together and he continued to play himself. At night, when I asked him to keep the toys before I made milk for him, he said, "Mummy, you played with me right?" I knew it was coming already lor...

Instead of asking me to keep, he asked me if I played with him.. then he went on to tell me that if we play together, we have to keep together.. and when that didn't work, he went on emotional card and told me, "Mummy, I love you and I want you to keep together with me. I like it when you keep together with me..."

And then on another day, I did not make milk for him and made him go sleep with his father. And then I went to type happily at my computer and all of a sudden, Ace walked out to look for me. "Mummy, I want to sleep with you...." and pulled me back in...

But he was the one who kicked me out of his bedroom and said he wanted to sleep with Daddy.. so I wondered why he wanted to sleep with me.. after lying next to me for a while, he said, "Mummy, I want to drink milk..."

Chey! No wonder want to sleep with me!

So I made him milk and thought that was the end of the matter. But after he finished milk, he still wanted to sleep with me.. so I asked him why since he said he wanted to sleep with daddy initially. Turns out that Max ate some garlic that day and he din like the smell of it and so instead of telling Daddy that he is smelly.. he just requested for me to sleep with him....

And then there was one day where he automatically told me that he wanted to sleep already. Come 10pm, he said to me, "Mama, can you off the tv? You see the sky dark dark already, it is time to sleep.." Instead of asking me direct to sleep, he says, " Daddy says when the sky is dark and you don't sleep, he will come and da pi gu.. so we must go and sleep..."

Yet another day, he wanted to play his toys with me and as I was busy doing something, i told him that I could not play with him. "But I want to play with you may. If I play with you, I can learn from you how to play.. and then we can play together mah..." He sure knows where my hotspots are man...

And just the day after we came back from a trip to JB (for the Lion's Club Convention that we attended), Max put the clean clothes on Ace's chair so that I would keep in the cupboard later. When my good son saw it, he said to me, "Mummy, why are the clothes on my chair? Are the clothes smelly? Then my chair will be smelly you know...." So I told him that the clothes are clean.

And then, he paused and thought for a while and told me, " Mummy, but a chair is not for putting clothes right? A chair is for sitting right? If you put the clothes in the chair then other people cannot sit already lor...."

Wah lau, sounds like something MY MOTHER will tell ME!

Previous Post: Poop Training Improvement!

No comments: