Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mummy, I Want To Talk To You...

Whenever Ace hears me or his dad says, "Ace, come here, I want to talk to you..." he knows it is about something that he has done wrong.

But still, being the good kid he is, he often would still come over and listen to whatever we had to say.. cos most of the time, we would do our prep talk in an even, gentle and neutral tone of voice.. so that it wouldnt sound like scolding...

The other day, we brought Ace to the Hort Park and since we were in that area, we decided to visit the vegeterian restaurants in that area for dinner. We let Ace choose what drink he wanted to drink and initially, he chose a sour plum juice.

After one sip, however, he decided he didn't like it. "I don't like this.." he said and he went on to the fridge to choose another drink before we could even react.

So this time round, he chose a honey drink. His dad told him that he could only drink half of it. "You bring the other half home and drink at home..." Max told him.

"Ok," and so he finished his dinner and then told me, "I can carry my own drink..." and held on to it all the way home...

The moment he reached home, he started turning the bottle cap open. "I reached home already, I can drink already!"

So I wanted to take it away from him so that he will stop drinking. But the harder I pulled, the stronger his grip and in his bid to snatchit away from me, he tilted the bottle and almost spilled the contents out. "Ace, you are spilling it on the floor! See, you waste the honey drink already!"

Then I took the drink into the kitchen and went to the toilet to pee.

Suddenly, someone opened my toilet door.

It was Ace. He had a very stern face and he said, "Mama, come, I want to talk to you..."

"Mama, you angry with me right? Why are you angry with me. I give you one more chance, ok? I give you one more chance. If you angry with me again, I will bring you to the police station and tell the police..."

I had to suppress my laughter and put on a straight face and I told him that I was not angry with him. I just did not want him to spill the drink on the floor.

Later, I told him that I was really happy that instead of being happy, he chose to talk things out with me. But he might have misunderstood what I meant cos later when his dad scolded him for something else.

He told his dad, "Daddy, you angry with me I ask the police to catch you..."

So I reaffirmed with him that even though I liked it that he spoke out what he felt, but it was actually rude for him to tell Daddy that he wants to bring Daddy to the police station.

But it really goes to show wat a modeler Ace is. He really models after us very closely and we really have to be careful how we behave in front of him...

Previous Post: I Want To Buy Tissue

No comments: