Saturday, March 21, 2009

You Sing!

As Ace gets older, he gets more and more creative during play time.


The other day, while I was bz, he was happily entertaining himself playing his own self created games.


"Mummy, come and play a game with me!" he exclaimed suddenly.


Then he tried to explain to me how the game works. "You sing, and then I will clap for you. And then I will give you this..." and he took out a trophy out of Daddy's trophy box to show me.


"Sing, mummy, sing!"


So I entertained him and sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

"Hooray! Hooray!" and he clapped very enthusiastically for me and passed me a trophy.


Since he worked so hard at clapping and being a good audience, I decided to go deeper into my role lah. I waved the trophy in frenzy like what all those stars will do when they get an award and said, "Thank you! Thank you everyone!"


"Now my turn to sing and you clap for me, ok?" He asked me.


And then he sang some ditto that he made up on the spot. "Oi, why you never clap for me? Clap!" he commanded...


So I clapped and passed him a trophy and he made his thank you speech. Thinking that the trophy was now his, he ran into his room and kept it there.


Then it was my turn to sing again and he played the role of the enthusiastic fan and passed me another award. "You keep this..." he told me when he handed me the trophy.


"No lah, this belongs to Papa. If papa comes home and finds his trophy gone, he will cry..."


He thought for a while, ran to his room, took out the trophy and put it back into his box..

Previous Post: Creative Ace 5

No comments: