Monday, March 02, 2009

What About This?

Because Daddy was busy the other day before Ganma Karen's wedding, so I had to bring Ace out and entertain him a bit by walking around and shopping around in bugis with him.

"Want to go and look at toys?"

"Yeah!" he agreed.

So we walked to the toys section and beside it, was a mini arcade for children. "Wah! There is helicopter leh!" exclaimed Ace excitedly and he ran in.

And he walked from machine to machine and told me, "I want to play this game. I want money to put inside... I want to play this game..."

"No Ace, today we are not putting any money in. We will just look around..."

And finally, he came to this tractor and sat in and pretended to sit in it. A little girl came by and climbed in the other side. As she wanted to ride in it.. her mother said, "Don't worry, she will sponsor this ride..." and then the three year old slotted the coin in and the tractor started to move.

"Wah! Look, mummy! I am not scared!" Ace cried. He is usually scared the moment the ride starts to move.

When the ride ended, the little girl came down and went to another ride. Ace liked the helicoptor, sat in and shouted across to the little girl.. "Hey, what about this?!"

I was so surprised that he could express himself and ask "what about this..."

Eventually when we started walking around the store, he started to tell me which toys he liked and it always ended with, "Mummy, can we buy this?" And then I would tell him, "But you already have one of these already.. do you really need it or want it?" And then he would quickly point to something beside it and asked, "What about this?"

Anyway, we did not buy anything that day and just to reward him for his good behaviour, I let him choose a snack that he wanted.. and he chose a chocolate donut ;)
Previous Post: Send Love To Daddy

No comments: