Monday, March 09, 2009

Drink Stall

When I was very young, I used to love taking my dad's Honda when we go out. That is because right in the middle of the back seat, there is this thing that can be pulled down to reveal like a compartment where you can keep things...

Me and my sis called this our SECRET TREASURE BOX and would use to hide all our 'secrets' inside. If we did not have any secrets, we would make believe that we had and hide them inside anyway :)

When we bought our current white Nissan Selphy, I was really excited to discover that is something that you can pull down as well. But I was slightly disappointed to find that all it reveals was an arm rest and a compartment where you can put your bottled drinks. Too bad for Ace that he would not have the chance ever to play the SECRET TREASURE game...

But Ace outdid me in terms of imagination!

He converted that pull down compartment into a drink stall.

When we are going in the car for longer journeys, he would want to pull it down and make a drink for me. (Thereby sort of fufilling my dream of some day being able to read papers and drink orange juice while my ahmad drove)

"Mama, what do you want to drink?"

And then, he started off with making innocent drinks like tea, milo.. etc...

And once he got tired of it, he started making SPECIAL drinks like "mama.. do you want to drink NOSE milk?" And then he started putting his 'nose' into the drink.

When this happens, I would give an exegeratted response like, "Oh no! I dun want your nose inside! Your nose has got pisai (boogey)!" And he would giggle and continue to offer me hair milk, leg milk, mouth milk, etc... And I would insist that I wanted CLEAN milk because his leg and hair are smelly cos he hasn't bathed yet...

As we played a few more times, his stall started to be more advance.


I would request for a drink and he would tell me, "No more already. The sky dark dark already.. night time the store close already..." and he would close the stall... lie on top of the arm rest and pretend to sleep and then he would stretch, open his eyes and exclaim that "The sun is out already.. it is bright..." which meant it was the next day and his store would reopen and he would start to take orders again...

Hahahahaha.. so funny :)




Previous Post: Ace's Dreamboard

No comments: