Monday, February 23, 2009

Sell Reward Before Effort

The other day, out of desperation, we had to bring Ace along to our business seminar. So as usual, we reminded him of the DOs and DON'Ts... (actually I know he remembers cos a few days ago, out of nowhere, he told me this, "Go to Uncle Arthur talk must keep quiet. Cannot be rude and talk loudly.. ok?")

The moment he saw Arthur.. HEY!!!" And he waved and ran towards Arthur to greet him.. just like an old friend. (We later found out the reason why they seem to click so well is cos Arthur is born on the same day as Ace and also a rooster... so exactly 36 yrs older!)

This time round though, Ace was not so keen to listen to Uncle Arthur talk and then midway, he started to talk to himself loudly. Arthur told him, "Ace, if you keep quiet until the end of the seminar, I will buy you an ice cream..."


Immediately, my son shut up and kept quiet till the end of the function! Arthur says, this is a good example of selling reward before effort...


After the function, Ace came to me... "Mummy, where is my ice cream?" I asked him to ask Uncle Arthur and so he followed Arthur around...

Before we left, Arthur walked around to see if anyone wanted any extra function tickets. Because Arthur told us the story of how his 13 year old has to write a compo on his Dad and says that his dad is a ticket seller, we asked Ace to follow and learn. I mean if a good ticket seller like arthur is a multi millionaire with a 20mil house, I dun mind my son becoming one.. hahahaa.. "Ace, you go and follow and help uncle Arthur..." and Ace merrily followed Arthur around.

Then all of a sudden, he came to me and asked me, "You want tickets?" And then he asked Daddy, "You want tickets?" and afterward, he asked Zhenyin, "You want tickets?" We had a good time laughing...

He learns fast indeed!


Previous Post: Kwala Ace the Magician

No comments: