Friday, January 30, 2009

Stop Whining!


Today, I think Ace came very close to being 'whacked' by his daddy because he was in a whiny mood... whole day... he would assert his independence by wanting a certain thing and if we did not do it his way, he would WHINE...

If you try to reason with him.. he will whine and say, "I want, I want, I want..." and then cry.. I myself felt like slapping him lor.. once or twice a day i lun.... like 8-10 times a day.. taboleh tahan manz!

Max bought some really nice wall stickers to decorate the living room wall... and so Ace said he wanted to paste the stickers. I told him that we would do it tommorrow and he insisted on opening the packaging...

"We open tomorrow when we stick lah..."

"I dun want, I dun want, I want to open..." *whine whine whine*

Out of desperation, I held him next to me, looked into his eyes and asked him, "Ace, do you agree that generally, mummy try to give in to your requests? If you wanted ice cream, we buy.. unless you cough and cannot eat.. if you want to eat chicken rice, we order for you.. you want to go playground, we bring you there..."

He opens his eyes real big and nods and nods and nods.. and I know since I already got all the little YESes, I can go for the closing liaoz (I am a seasoned saleswoman... my top record is $10K worth of sales in a day:))

"Sometimes though, mummy cannot do it your way... not because I don't want to.. but because at that time, really cannot. Like for example, if we open the stickers now, they might get lost and then we wouldn't be able to stick them if we cannot find them.. right?"

"Ok.." and he smiled.

Well, remember how i said children are our subconscious minds? Incidentally, I had a mini argument with Max and it had something to do with doing things "MY WAY"... we had differing views about the biz and after I thought about it, I thought that there was nothing wrong with his way as well.. I dunno why I felt so offended and felt it had to be "my way or the high way"...

On a sidenote, I noticed that Ace will get cranky and whiny usually when he feels we have not spent enough time with him.. as we have been rather bz these two weeks, he usually goes to his grandma's house and dun really get to spend alot of time with us... I feel, it is his way of saying, "Don't spend time with me right? Punish you by whining and make you irritated..." Sigh.. authority conflict at such a tender age??


Previous Post: Ace Gao Zoh Lang

No comments: