Saturday, January 03, 2009

SAB's Youngest Trader

Many of you may or may not know this.. but I am a home-maker, SAHM cum business woman ;)


But full time, now that Ace is in school, it is really quite boring to stay at home everyday without doing much.. so as a full time thingy, I actually run a supply and trading business.

I am a supplier and my star product is a bar called Eumora. It is a very popular facial bar in Singapore, KL, Penang and JB at this moment... The bar can get rid of all skin problems and can show results within 3 minutes... (that explains my very good complexion lah..)

To cut the long story short, the other day, I had a trader's presentation to attend. Usually when this happens, my mum will take care of Ace. But because there was a last minute change of dates, there was no one who could take care of Ace. So at last resort, we had to bring Ace along.

When I picked Ace up from school, I asked him if he wanted to attend a business presentation with me. "You can be with mummy and you can learn how to do my business. In future, you can take over mummy's business and make alot of money and live in a beautiful house like Uncle Anthony and Uncle Arthur..."

He of course agreed because going anywhere with me was better than staying at Waipo's house alone.

"But if you go with me, you have to keep very quiet and you cannot run around. You also cannot talk loudly... Also, I will need your help to take notes.. can you help me?"

"ok!" he agreed.

So we brought him home, bathed him and fed him. It was really rushed cos I even had to wrap the presents we bought and make cards for them with Ace's help.

And Ace was not helping lor. He doesn't seem to want to draw as per my intructions and likes to play with the pen and scissors. While making a card for my coach, Arthur, Ace told me, "I like Uncle Arthur.."

"Why?" I asked him.. surprised.. cos he has only met Arthur once. "Because he is so nice!" He said with a big grin.. I guess he must have felt the gratitude I had when we were making the card.

Nevertheless, after that, he wanted to cut the rest of my paper into peices and he also refused to feed himself during dinner.

Siao liao. what if he behaves in the same way later????

Before the function started, he kept running around the cafe we were sitting in while waiting for the function to start. I was so worried that he would not be able to keep still when we went in.

In 5 min, he got sick of the crayons and paper I brought for him and started to pull the chairs together to form a train in the cafe.... play musical chairs with the salt and pepper holders on the various tables.. and I was really worried.

But once the function started.. my worries were MOSTLY unfounded. I found him to be the YOUNGEST and the BEST trader we have in our team!

Firstly, he really paid attention from start till end for a full hour and a half. Quite a feat for a three year old... and then he really copied notes (or rather, acted like he was copying notes) and he would answer "Yes!" with enough enthusiasm and excitement at the right places and even laughed along when there were jokes being told.

In short, I am really impressed with my son cos he really looks like he is working hard at the business.

Or maybe, he just really likes Arthur and gives him face.. hahaha

Previous Post: Ace, The Builder

No comments: