Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Chicken Rice


"Ace, what do you want to eat?"

"Chicken rice!"

"Chicken 饭!"

Anytime you ask him what he wants to eat.. the current most popular answer is CHICKEN RICE.

But you see, in the vegeterian world of food, chicken rice is not a dish that is available easily. Only certain stalls sell them and for some stalls, they only do so on certain dates.

Faced with the the choice of dealing with his tantrum if we say there is no chicken rice and having to spend one thousand years trying to persuade him to eat something else, we decided to be cowards and choose the easy way out of telling him we will find SPECIAL chicken rice for him.
And from then on, chicken rice became easily available! Yeah! Because wherever we go, as long as they sell rice and normal dishes, we would order some dish that remotely looks like some form of meat... sometimes it is a tau kee, or mock chicken or mock fish or mock duck.. watever!

And the most important focus word is SPECIAL... (that is one of the 13 most persuasive words that you can use when you want to use persuasion to persuade people to do something.)

So now other than chicken rice, he will request for his SPECIAL rice ;)

Anyway, yesterday, we went to pick Ace up from school and were on our way home. All of a sudden, for no reason at all, Ace asked me, "Can you show Gong Gong how to make chicken rice? He says he does not know how to make chicken rice and I want to eat."

I was so amazed and surprised at that... only to find out later that he did request for it when he was having dinner at my mum's home and my dad rejected him by telling him he did not know how to do it. So my mum asked him to tell me.... "You ask Mummy to show gong gong how to make chicken rice lor..."

Wah piangz.. if I could make chicken rice, I would have lor.. dun remind me of my failed attempt... sigh....

Previous Post: It's OK

No comments: