Monday, January 19, 2009

Ace Can Write His Name

Well, Ace was in a good mood the other day so I quickly asked him if he wanted to do 'work'. That's his given homework from his right brain training school...

So we played the game and then he tried to write his Japanese characters...

When we finished, I tried to help him write his name by tracing the word 'A C E" out for him but instead of writing the word, he said he wanted to colour and coloured the whole word...

I told him that he has to write his name.. not colour his name and so I erased off the drawings. Because my dotted tracing was done in pencil, I had to erase the whole thing off and then I remembered that I forgot to do something and left the table to do it...

"You write your name yourself first ok..." and then I left.

By the time I came back, this is what I saw!



I did not realize that he could write his name without any dotted tracing at all. I know he could recognize the shape of his name and when I write it, he knows it is his name.. but i was not aware he is capable of writing it without help.

Wah! I am sooooooooooooooooooooo impressed. So happy that I decided to choose such a short and simple name for him... hehehehe....

Previous Post: This is a HEART

No comments: