Saturday, December 27, 2008

Gingerbread Girl
















Every sunday, my aunty would visit my grandma and have lunch with her. Since she started this ritual of visiting on a sunday, Ace has been enjoying her visits.

She doesn't really visit us or Ace but rather, every week, without fail, she would buy Ace either scones or muffins.
Last week because it was christmas, she bought Ace a gingerbread man which made very excited.

About two weeks before that, we brought Ace shopping at Bugis Junction. Because Daddy parked his car quite far away, I had to accompany Ace and hang around the place till Daddy comes back.

I didn't really know what to do and wandered aimlessly into intercontinental hotel... There was a huge xmas tree inside and we spent like 2 min looking at it. And then we spent another 5 min looking at all the gingerbread houses, gingerbread deers, gingerbread man.. etc...

Apparently, Ace really liked it cos he would walk in and out of the confectionary section again and again and again.. until the waitress started to smile knowingly when she saw us again and then once he was out into the shopping area outside the hotel, he would pull me back into the hotel to go back and view the beautiful gingerbread art pieces again.

So needless to say, he was really very excited to own his own gingerbread man/girl.

But I guess out of sight, out of mind. I told him we have to keep it in the fridge and once it goes there, he stopped asking for the gingerbread man... I am wondering how we are ever going to finish the 1 gingerbread man, 1 large muffins, 2 chestnut biscuits and 15 cups of agar agar we have in our fridge. All presents from other people... this xmas will be a fattening one i think... thank god no one has given us chocholates yet :) haha...

PS: I think the many xmas cartoons with gingerbread men had some effect on him. He din really forget though. Xmas day early morning, he came to me and said, "Mummy, I want to eat my gingerbread man for breakfast..." I think I under estimated him...

Previous Post: Master Gui Gui

No comments: