Monday, November 17, 2008

Copycat!

My copycat son has started to scold other people copy cat.

I dunno where he picked up this phrase from but it started off in school. Usually when we pick him up late, he gets a chance to play with the older gor gor and jie jie and then he run and scold them copy cat and laugh and giggle when they get really upset and angry.

As I know this feeds his satisfaction, when he scolds me copycat, I usually try not to give a reaction and after a while just remind him that it is rude to scold other people copycat.

I suspect that he does not really comprehend WHAT IS A COPYCAT. But somehow, he has associated it with something you use to scold other people and make them upset or angry.

That's because when he has nothing to do, he will suddenly say gong gong is a copy cat. And then when he scolds Zhen Popo copycat, Zhen Popo will tell him, "I am not copy cat, you are copy cat..."

Then he will run out from wherever he is and shout out loud to me, "Mama, you see the Zhen popo, she scold me copy cat...."

Or when he is angry at someone, he will tell them, "I beat you ah... I angry with you, you are a copy cat!"

Anyway I can only pray that like Chao Barbie.. this phrase will be a long forgotten phrase in time to come...
Previous Post: Ace's New Shoe

No comments: