Monday, October 20, 2008

Yeah! Do Homework!


The other day was chatting with a friend about how different her two children are.
The elder one is constantly thinking of ways to avoid doing homework.. you scold her and halfway, she will wrinkle up her forehead when you scold her but you talk to her more, you will realize she is not at all wrinkling up her forehead because she is upset at what you are talking to her about.. rather, she wished she was somewhere else and would tell you, "I want to go and play..."

Her younger sibling is a totally different story all together. She always asks her mummy to buy her more assesement books and is always happy to do MORE homework.

When I listened to her story, I wondered how my son will turn out when he grows up.. will he be A) I LOVE HOMEWORK or B) I LOVE PLAYING...

Two days later, my answer kind of came up...

My son told me, "Mummy, can I do work please?" He wanted to do his homework given by his right brain training school.

Alas he has already finished his homework yesterday. So I told him that I would give him paper to do some drawing..

And then he sat down at the table, started to draw and while he drew, he started going, "Yeah yeah yeah! I can do work!"

Hahaha.. let's hope he enjoys learning and doing homework all the way till he reaches the end of his life :)

Previous Post: Waigong's Birthday



No comments: