Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Where Did You Go?

I was chatting with Jez halfway and my phone rang.

It was my son.

I talked to him but he just murmured something and passed my mum the phone.

"When are you coming back. Why you gone so long still haven't come back? Your son waiting for you. He misses you so much. Every time he hears footsteps, he runs to the door and takes a look or he tells us, "Mummy back home already" but disappointed everytime.. so I asked him if he wanted to call you..."

"But he never talk to me much..."

"He angry lah.. you come back quick..."

Since morning when I left the house, my son already asked me, "Mummy, where are you going?" And I told him that I was going to meet Aunty Chiching (My POV Steps To Leadership Trainer) and then I would be going for exercise (because I joined the women's day out)

Anyway, after that, we continued our chat....

RING RING. This time, it is Jez Ah ma's turn to have her phone ring.

It was her daughter.

"Mummy, when are you coming home? I am waiting for you..." said her 10 year old.

And so we lament, since when we also have our children chasing us when we go home. Last time young, parents call and ask us to go home. Now old already still no freedom, and somemore is our children asking us to go home..

When I reached home an hour later, all the lights were off and I thought my son was sleeping.

"Mummy, where did you go?"

As I was taking off my shoes, Ace walked out half asleep with a bolster in his arms..

"I am sorry to keep you waiting Ace... " I gave my son a hug and told him where I went. I asked him to go back to sleep and told him I will play with him when he comes home from school tommorrow. "Mummy smelly now after exercise, I have to go and bath..."

According to my mum, after that when I was bathing, he brought his bolster and stood out in the living room right at the door of the kitchen and waited for me until she asked him to go back and sleep.

The next day though, I was too tired to wake and send him off to school and because of some change in my appointments, I was able to stay at home to wait for him to return.

"Why you never go office?" He asked me when he saw me.

"You want me to go office or stay at home and play with Ace?" I asked him.

"Stay at home!" He said with a cheeky smile and gave me a hug.

I told Ah Yee about this when I MSNed with her.. she says Ace is likely to ask me, "Mummy, why you never go and do business to earn money for me?"

Previous Post: The Lousy Parent Trap Pt 2

No comments: