Saturday, September 13, 2008

Clearing Obstacles

I think my son is born successful.

Alot of times in life, when we are on the route to success, we will be faced with obstacles.. most people are so overwhelmed by the obstacle that they will just spend a lot of time staring at the obstacle, analyzing it and worst still, decide to give up in the end....

My son?

He clears it and charges forward lah.. like that is the most natural thing in the world for him..

Ace likes to be carried even though he is 3 and can walk, run, climb stairs. For some unknown reason, whenever he goes out with Max, he will ask Max to carry him. Maybe it because he knows Daddy is stronger or maybe because I always tell him I have got no strength and that
I am carrying alot of things and I have no hand.

Sometimes when he whines because he is tired, I will tell him that all he needs is to tell me that he is tired and want me to carry him and I will carry him.. so recently, he will request properly if he really needs to be carried.

The other day, Max broke his hand and so I told Ace that daddy cannot carry him because his hand is hurt and painful. So when Max got a little better and started to carry him, he told me, "Mummy, Papa的手好了!"

So I showed him the scar and told him that Daddy's hand is still weak and so he cannot keep asking Daddy to carry him.

The other day, we were out way past is usual bedtime and I think he was quite tired. Because I just showed him the scar and reminded him that Daddy's hand is weak, when we alighted from the car, he kept insisting that I pass his box of biscuits to Daddy even though he promised to let me carry it for him.

"你不要拿这个.. " he kept repeating. I asked him who can take it if I am not carrying it. "给Papa lor.." he said.

When I passed the biscuits to his Dad, he pointed to the box I was holding on to.. "你不要拿这个.. " and he kept repeating the same phrase again and again until finally both my arms were empty...

"我很累,我要抱抱!" he told me after that..

Both me and Max laughed out loud lor.... Because I always told him that I cannot carry him cos I am carrying too many things.. before I could give that excuse, he just cleared this obstacle first before going forward to ask for what he wanted... WHAT A CLEVER BOY!?

Previous Post: Persistence

No comments: