Sunday, February 17, 2008

Taoshu, The Warrior Boy

Ace has a new love now.


Other than Barney and High 5, Ace's next most favourite series is Taoshu, The Warrior Boy.

In case you didn't know, Taoshu is produced by Ace's ganma Karen... who is a TV producer and a VP in a local production house.

We first came to know about the series when the series received an I-Parenting Award and ganma happily announced to me. "I want to give Ace one of the DVDs as a present!" She told me excitedly.

Since Ganma Karen is my bestest friend and I have always enjoyed her shows together with Ace when they air on TV, I told her that I would support her and buy the whole set for Ace.

Initially, Ace was not quite used to the very chinese paper cutting style of animation but after like two watches, he started to be able to sing the song and now whenever the credits come on or the opening sequence comes on, he will pull my hand and drag me to the living room to dance with him as he sings, "He's my friend now, Taoshu... Little Taoshu.. the warrior boy..."

But most importantly, I liked it because it was catchy and the stories were short. They also taught about loving and sharing and caring... and being responsible... not to mention that there are some really wacky characters that gets Ace cracking up as well.

The other day though, there was some event for the launch of their new Taoshu story books about Nian, The New Year Monster and so as a show of support, we brought Ace there. Alas the activities there were too advanced for Ace (Eg, they wanted to form the word NIAN with oranges but Ace saw the oranges and started EATING THEM!) but Ace was nevertheless happy as he got to listen to a story and even got a PRESENT from Ganma Karen!




If you are interested to find out more about Taoshu.. the series is available at Kino, Page One and even Popular! ;)

Previous Post: Make Believe

No comments: