Friday, February 01, 2008

Home Alone

After being married for 31 years, my parents finally said, "I love you!" to each other in public during ChiChing's POV workshop.

And finally after more than 25 years after their last honeymoon trip together (they still travelled often together after me and my sis were born), my parents have finally decided to go on a trip together again.

My dad proposed that they went genting and my mum finally agreed.

So we had to take care of Ace over the weekend. To me, it was kind of like a rehearsal session for when we shifted back home.

But then the problem came... on saturday, Max and I had a very important meeting to attend and we could not bring Ace along and there were not many people we could entrust our children to and feel that he would be safe and well taken care of.

Ah Yee and Net Net will be also at the meeting, all his godmas are overseas. Even Jez Ah Ma also will be there.. so at last resort, I asked if Richie Ah Ye will be at home to take care of his two daughters... if that is the case, since Yati (their maid), was at home as well, could they help me take care of Ace for a few hours?

I know Ace will feel good and happy since he is already very familiar with Tashi and Oracle jie jie as they often play together.

Lunch was a big deal because I couldn't cook up to Waigong's standard. I just put some vege together and add in some rice and mixed a little bit of organic miso paste in. But I guess it was not really very successful so it took me 1.5 hours to feed Ace.

After that, he happily changed into clothes and we took at cab down to Jez Ah Ma's house. At their place, Ace was really happy as they started to take out all their toys to welcome him. Besides, Tashi loved children and took good care of them. Being the oldest (she is 9 years old), she is like the da jie da.

Also, Oracle was only slightly older than Ace by 1.5 years and so they still sort of played the same sort of games and Ace was really happy.

In the end, Ace was so happy that he almost didn't want to go home.. hahaha...

Anyway, we have ascertained that Ace is really not afraid of strangers. The other day, when Ah Yee and Net Net brought him to IKEA's small-land, he was really and did not even give them a second look. So they went to eat dinner and had a peaceful 1 hour while Ace was being taken care of by the staff in small-land.

Not to mention, when Stacy's parents came over to visit from UK, Ace was all over the place when we brought them out for dinner. He loved Stacy's mum and ran around telling anyone who cared to listen that there was a kangaroo on his tee shirt.

I am glad he is growing up and it is so much easier now ;)

Previous Post: Ace Photog at work again

No comments: