Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Split Screens, Split Minds


The other day, Ace was going through a "I must watch barney 24 hrs a day" sort of phase and so it was tough for the rest of the family because he would want to hog the tv to himself and watch barney and only barney... nothing else...

At night when my parents are home, everyone wants a change and wants to watch more adult oriented stuff like Chinese Drama serials but Ace insisted that he wants to watch MORE BARNEY.

By a sudden stroke of genius, I remembered tat we had a split screen function in the TV.. so we split the screen and let Ace watched barney silently as we watched the main progarmme in peace.

"He wouldnt want that one lah.. no sound.. he will like meh?" My father said initially.

Surprise surprise! He really sat down quietly to watch after that.

Alas once he realized that it is also possible to watch barney with sound using the split screen function, that was the end of our plan and we had to resort to reading subtitles...

Anyway, on hindsight, I guess that represented a huge split mind that I had at that point in my life as I was thinking of choosing between A and B. Just like Jeff said, the world is our mirror and wat we see in our world is what we are thinking in our minds...

After Jeff Allen's fantastic workshop, me now knows that I do not need to choose.. just commit to my happiness, integrate all these split minds and move forward... the truth will present itself to you ;)

Previous Post: Teacher Ace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...maybe should not give in to Ace too much?


Yappy