Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Addiction

I think Ace has some form of addiction.

He is addicted to Barney the dino.... siao one.. how can someone watch the same barney disc one thousand times and still want to watch it the next day, the day after next, the day after next and the day after next?

It almost feels as if that if you gave him barney and some food, he can survive anywhere in the world. And he very eh sai one lor.. still know how to go and get KIKO baby mat to sit on when he watches his barney...

And if you did not let him watch BARNEY? He would cry, roll on the floor and make a big fuss.

If I did not know better, I would think "Oh, all kids are like that..."

But I do know better.. haha... after so many POV courses, I SHOULD know better...

Addictions prevent abundance.

There are many different types of addictions. Eg, romance addiction (everytime looking for a new partner), addictions to the internet, new toys, gambling, sex, etc etc etc...

Addictions are a way of stopping us from feeling very good.

Addictions usually stem from the fact that we feel that we are bad and so we fear feeling too good.

As a result, we indulge in an addiction that gives us a temporary feel of being good and well but in actual fact stops us from moving forward.

Mostly, people who who have a fear of feeling their feelings (eg, afraid of being alone) will start to develop some form of addictions.

Therefore, addictions are a waste of time and an obstacle towards real abundance.

I think I should ask myself what my addiction is towards at this moment because if Ace is showing this behaviour, it means it is in me as well... hmmm... I think I am addicted to the PC... Ok, after this BLOG post, I should STOP WRITING.. muahahaha....

Previous Post: My Space

No comments: