Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Rocking Horse

About a year ago, we vistied Xiangling and she said she has this wooden rocking horse that her son no longer likes and asked if we wanted it. That incident happened at a time where I strongly felt I need to give my child more toys... hahaha... and so, in the end, we accepted.

Initially, Ace did not like that rocking horse much. If you put him on the horse, he doesnt even want to rock or know how to rock. Even when I sit on the horse and show him how to do it, he is JUST not interested.

Over the course of the year though, he slowly starts to like the horse. Now, not only does he go up the horse and rock, he even does stunts like standing on it instead of sitting on it.. or twisting his body in strange contortions while he is on it.

But he only plays with it for like 5-10 minutes once a month.

I ever thought of buying those Little Tikes sort of little car for him to 'drive' around in since he likes cars so much. Partially also because I saw how much he loved playing with it while he was at Xiangling's place. Heng I did not really buy that car for him when I wanted to. I guess it will in the end, end up like the rocking horse.. having very little 'air time'... Phew...

Anyway, if i really asked myself why I wanted to buy the very expensive toys for him.. it is all as a compensation for the feeling of being a lousy parent. (If other children can have it, how come i cannot provide my child with it...)

Haha.. but as I said, there is a cheaper way to get rid of this feeling.. and tat is to forgive our parents and also to show our child alot of love. If you give your child alot of love, they will be happy forever. If you buy them a toy, from my experience, they will only be happy for half an hour! hahaha.... Don't you agree?:P

Previous Post: Drink Juice

No comments: