Sunday, July 22, 2007

Xie Xie


I nearly died of laughing that day when I brought Ace to office.

As I was initially busy, I left him to play with Yee Lin and Zhenyin and he was happy to be entertained by their drawings on the white board..

Somehow along the way, I finished my appointment and so me, Zhenyin, Yee Lin, Joven, Jonathon, Josephine and gang were just sitting together.

And then Ace started to give one of his famous speeches. He was so enthusiastic and even used his clenched right fist as a microphone.

After a while, he clapped and said, "Yeah..." and so we followed suit and clapped for him.

He was so happy to have a bunch of very enthusiastic audience but after 'yeah-ing' for like 10 times, everyone got tired and decided that they should go home.

So when everyone started to leave, Ace started to bow and said, "Xie xie.. xie xie..."

My mum says he must have gotten used to seeing her, me and his daddy giving talks or training people. But I still dun understand where he learnt to say "thank you" and bow at the same time... as we do not do that.

After thinking for a very long time, I suddenly found out it's source.

As he likes to sing and dance, I usually let him watch the sunday Children's singing competition so that he can dance along. And usually after the children are done, they will bow and say, "Xie xie..."

Monkey see, monkey do leh!

Previous Post: Draw

No comments: