Friday, May 11, 2007

Barney And Ace


Ace took a picture with his favourite Barney friends that day...

You know, I used to hate barney before I had any children.

I mean, this ugly looking, purple dino doesnt appeal to me at all and I could never understand WHY children can love barney so much that they get stuck watching barney without moving the whole day.

And then, since I have had Ace, I forced myself to watch a Barney CD and now I am hooked ;)

I think tat Barney is great, he is a good friend and he teaches good lessons. In fact, the other day, I went to buy more Barney VCDs for Ace.. one for learning about shapes, another one about learning to control his emotins... and another one about colours....

Depsite that, I would still warn parents about letting their children watch too much TV. When we are watching TV, our brain signals are all dead like tat of a zombie.. that is why experts dun suggest that children under 3 watch any TV at all... If their brains are not active, the synapses will not be formed quickly and it will hinder their brain development.

Something I very sadly say, I only managed to follow for the first 3 months of Ace's life...

But I try to limit the TV that he watches each day and now tat we also have Shichida home practice stuff to do, it is not so bad.

Everyday, Ace watches one barney CD and one HIGH FIVE. Even that, I suspect is too much tv for him.

Sometimes when I am busy or not at home though, Ace will be watching rubbish with Waigong. That is something I cannot control though... my point of view is that I will ask my dad to try not to watch by telling him wat the experts say.. but I cannot force him to follow my way. If i want him to help me look after Ace, I will have to close one eye and accept his way.

Want absolute control? can... look after your kid yourself lor...

Well, I am not perfect but I do my best ;)

Previous Post: Koala Ace

No comments: