Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Poor Yeye

The other day, we went to Yeye's house for supper. Suddenly, yeye sat beside Ace and touched Ace on the arm.. and then he told me, "Only my last two fingers can feel Ace. Luckily I still can feel him.. when I touch him, I know this is my grandson and I feel so shiok..."

When I heard that, I felt really sad for Yeye.

Yeye's nerves were not functioning well as they were pressed down by his spinal cord. As a result, his fingers are not very mobile and sometimes his arms are numb.. cept for his last two fingers.

I think it is sad to be that way and only be able to feel your loved one with your last two fingers.

I guess I take for granted the fact that I can hug and feel Ace all over....

Like my Popo (my mum's mum), she has a bad leg and so cannot carry Ace even though I think she would like to. Conversely, my ah ma (my dad's mum) is still very strong and can carry Ace around which she enjoys very much :)

So, dun take your health for granted. If you want to enjoy a happy family life in your older years.

Previous Post: I am a born musician

No comments: